Covering an area of 1 510 square km, the Masai Mara National Reserve is a land of breathtaking vistas, abundant wildlife, and endless plains. The quintessential Masai Mara safari delivers many attractions and is home to an excellent year-round concentration of game as well as the two million animals that make up the Great Migration. The Masai Mara National Reserve was named for the Maasai people who inhabit the area, and for the Mara River, which flows through this great reserve. It shares a border with Tanzania’s Serengeti National Park and is essentially a continuation of this park,
Forming the Serengeti-Mara ecosystem. In addition to the abundant wildlife in the reserve, no Masai Mara safari would be complete without a cultural experience with the Maasai people. &Beyond has a wonderful assortment of sensitive cultural excursions due to the strong ties we have maintained with the communities surrounding our lodges. We also offer an extensive range of Masai Mara safari adventures as well as some of the finest lodges in Kenya and a host of carefully selected partner properties to ensure your stay is truly unforgettable.
- Great Migration – One of nature’s biggest wildlife spectacles is the wildebeest migration – watch in awe as the animals cross the Mara River for the Masai Mara (Jul – Oct).
- Glide over the Masai Mara in a Hot Air Balloon followed by an indulgent champagne breakfast celebration.
- Home to over 450 bird species.
- Wildlife haven, with the Big Five regularly spotted on game drives.
- Breath-taking views of the open plains
- The Masai Mara Ecosystem holds one of the highest lion densities in world.
- See Maasai herdsmen graze their cattle side by side with predators and prey.