PHINDA ROCK LODGE
Phinda Rock Lodge looks out over its own lush valley, like a small private castle, amidst a tangle of wild African sights and sounds. The suites of this intimate and romantic lodge cling dramatically to steep cliffs with views across the valley.
When you first set eyes on the ochre walls of Phinda Rock Lodge clinging to the cliff face you’ll need a second look to realise you haven’t arrived at a Mexican hacienda. While the rugged adobe-style building wouldn’t be out of place in a desert pueblo, the lush bushveld vegetation and the wildlife dotted on the surrounding slopes leave you in no doubt that you’re in the middle of Africa.
With only six suites carved into the rocky hillside, you’ll feel you’re part of an elite tribe of rock dwellers suspended in a cosy hideout that offers complete seclusion from the world below.
Elevated over the valley below, the cliff-top suites provide an intimate, cosy space in a dramatic setting with an eagle’s eye view of the reserve. Snuggled high above the surrounding panorama, your closest neighbour is likely to be an inquisitive spotted genet paying you a friendly visit on the dining deck.
- Day and night game drives, walking safari and river cruises
- Perched high on a rocky cliffside with panoramic views over Leopard Rock
- Phinda Adventures – Zulu village tours, Maputaland beach adventures, night turtle drives, scuba safaris, black rhino tracking on foot, visits to endangered wild cats project, swimming with whale sharks, whale watching
- Specialist Safaris – birding, photographic, rhino capture and research, tracking, walking, family and private safaris
- Perfect for Honeymooners, couples, romantic or private getaways