Egypt Diving Safari – The Sinai Classic, June ’24
Scheduled Group Safari out of Sharm-El-Sheikh
7 Nights / 8 Days
Dates: 14 – 23 June
Starting Price: ZAR25 900 per person sharing (excl. flights)
- Add Dahab to your adventure (5 days / 4 dives) – 4* Hotel @ R11 900 per person sharing additional
- Add Dahab to your adventure (5 days/4 dives) – Sinbad Camp @ R8 800 per person sharing additional
ALTERNATE OPTIONS TO THE LIVEABOARD SAFARI
9 Days / 8 Nights (Sindab Camp)
6 Days training week included with local instructors!
Starting Price: ZAR14 200 per person sharing (excl. flights)
Scuba Dive Dahab (a wonderful alternative to a liveaboard safari with absolutely superb diving)
9 Days / 8 Nights
Starting Price: ZAR10 400 per person sharing (excl. flights)
ADD ON EXCURSIONS
- 1/2 Day Cairo Tour (incl Pyramids) @ R3 000 pp
- 1 Night Cairo and 1/2 Day Tour (incl Pyramids) @ R5 000 pp
- 2 Day Camel Safari to Ras Abu Galum @ R5 500 pp
- SS Thistlegorm Day trip @ R4 500 pp
- St Catherines Monastary & Mt Sinai (1night / 2 days) @ R3 000 pp
- Petra – Jordan (Day trip) @ R6 000 pp
PLEASE NOTE: All rates are subject to change and all travel requirements, passports, visas, medical aids, travel and other insurances remain the sole responsibility of each individual traveller.
HIGHLIGHTS OF YOUR LIVEABOARD SAFARI
This all-time favorite dive route covers the world top ten dive spots such as Jackson Reef, Shark Reef, the world War II wreck of the Thistlegorm and the Dunraven. You may even get to swim or dive with dolphins and enjoy superb snorkelling experiences and a magical island stop en-route.
Dive – Eat – Sleep – Repeat for one week!
Magnificent drift, reef, wreck and wall diving, caves, plateaus and the big blue. Dive into an underwater world that is unique in both variety and the sheer number of species. To qualify as a diver on this liveaboard safari you will need to have proof of an Open Water diver certification with at least 15 logged dives, whilst an Advanced Open Water diver certification with at least 20 logged dives is mandatory in order to dive the world-renowned Thistlegorm wreck.
DepartureOR Tambo International Airport, Johannesburg
DAY 1 - Arrive in Sharm-el-Sheik and Embark
- Arrive Sharm-El-Sheikh and transfer to the New Marina Harbour (El Wataneya).
- Embarking starts at 18h00pm.
- Welcome on board, cabin arrangement and boat briefing.
DAYS 2 to 7 - Strait of Tiran, Ras Mohamed National Park & the Gulf of Suez
- The boat will sail to nearby Temple or Ras Katy for a check-out dive.
- The week long safari will cover the area from the Strait of Tiran, Ras Mohamed National Park and the Gulf of Suez which is usually visited first.
DAY 7 to 8 - Return to the New Marina Harbour
- Day 7 - the last night will be spent at or close to port on board the liveaboard.
- Depending on the itinerary and / or administrative conditions, on week-long safaris the last night might be arranged in hotel. This is usually communicated in advance.
- Day 8 - depending on your check out and flight time return to New Marina (El Wataneya) port and disembark (12h00 latest).
- Transfer to airport or hotel.
- You need to be at least an Open Water certified diver and have 15 logged dives.
- Advanced Open Water level is needed for wreck penetration dives and some of the more demanding sites visited on this safari, mandatory for Thistlegorm are at least 20 logged dives.
- You must have dived in the last year and recorded this in your log book to join this safari, if needed a Scuba Review is available onboard.
- Open Water Divers are able to join night dives if they have previous night dives logged.
- This trip is suitable for snorkelers to join and snorkel at allowed sites.
- Liveaboard itineraries are subject to various unpredictable changes including weather conditions.
- All dives and especially some wreck dives are subject to divers experience and weather permitting.
- Live aboard itineraries depend on the Egyptian Government, Coast Guard and/or Marine Police approval.
- Every effort is made but we cannot guarantee diving at specific sites. The final decision lies with the captain and guide. Safety always comes first!
INCLUDED IN THE PACKAGE:
- Return airport transfers
- Shared transfers to / from liveaboard at embarkation / disembarkation times.
- Accommodation in shared twin berth, double bed cabin or Master Suite, as per request.
- Full board: 3 meals, starting with dinner on arrival day, ending with brunch on last day.
- Snacks in-between meals and after dives
- Water, Tea, Coffee and Soft Drinks throughout the day
- 3 - 4 dives per day including night dives with a total of 20 dives
- Dive Guide
- 12 litre aluminium scuba cylinder (DIN / INT), weight belts & weights.
- Nitrox 32 % is free for certified divers (boat specific)
- Please note: Although The Local fees and Gratuities below are included in the total trip price, it must be paid in cash on-board the Snefro. It can therefore be deducted from the total price.
- Mandatory Local Fees for National Park, Environmental & Departure Fees: 90 EUR per person per trip *) All fees according to local rules and regulations, changes are possible on short or even without prior notice.
EXCLUDED FROM THIS PACKAGE:
- Return flights to Sharm el Sheikh - currently priced at approximately R13 000 per person - remains subject to change at all times.
- Equipment Rental.
- 15 litre scuba cylinder, twin sets & manifolds.
- Local Alcoholic Beverages, Espresso (if available).
- Medical, travel and other insurances.
- All travel related requirements including passports, visas and other requirements are solely the responsibility of the individual traveller.
- Your liveaboard is leaving the Aqaba Coast and the area of Sharm El Sheikh. A full Egyptian Visa (cost 25 $ - 01/2022) is mandatory to join this itinerary.
- Guests are fully responsible for all travel requirements, including checking with an Egyptian Embassy that, for the passport they hold, a visa can be issued on arrival in Egypt. Please see the new e visa service: https://visa2egypt.gov.eg/eVisa/Home
- All costs of a personal nature.
- Recommended gratitude (compulsory) for the crew and guides per guest: 60 EUR on week long safari.
Reviews Scores and Score Breakdown
Aliquam lorem ante, dapibus in, viverra quis, feugiat a, tellus. Phasellus viverra nulla ut metus varius laoreet. Quisque rutrum. Aenean imperdiet. Etiam ultricies nisi vel augue. Curabitur ullamcorper ultricies