Waterberg, Mokabi Lodge, 4 Days / 3 Nights
EXQUISITE I NATURAL I CULTURAL
Mokabi Lodge, luxury stone & thatch cottage, Moletadikgwa Wildlife Sanctuary
4 Days / 3 Nights
- Weekday package starting @ USD 110 / ZAR1 650 per person sharing (min. 2 persons).
- Weekend package starting @ USD 120 / ZAR1 815 per person sharing (min. 2 persons).
- Includes 3 nights self-catering accommodation.
- Valid to end December 2020
Mokabi Lodge is a luxurious stone and thatch cottage situated on the privately-owned Moletadikgwa Wildlife Sanctuary, a 434 hecater property in the magnificent mountain bushveld on the Waterberg plateau, Limpopo Province, South Africa. The farm lies in the heart of the UNESCO-accredited Waterberg Biosphere Reserve, noted for its scenic wilderness quality and remarkable diversity of flora and fauna.
Mokabi Lodge is a self-catering facility, accommodating up to four people in two bedrooms with private bathrooms. In addition to being comfortably furnished and fully equipped with bedding, towels, crockery, cutlery etc., the lodge has a fireplace, fans, microwave oven, electric stove and fridge. Outside is a sheltered braai lapa (barbecue enclosure) and a small private swimming pool. Fifty meters away is a waterhole frequented by the many species of game on the farm.
Several well-marked and described trails have been laid out on the farm, enabling guests to choose walks of varying lengths and difficulty that will lead them through diverse vegetation and terrain, each characterised by its favoured bird and animal life. A sampler mountain biking route has also been marked, and there are numerous additional tracks.
The nearest town, Vaalwater (Mabatlane) is 45km away and can meet most requirements. Several country restaurants are within easy reach.
Mokabi Lodge is the ideal destination for people seeking tranquility, access to some of the finest floral and faunal diversity in southern Africa, and an opportunity to exercise in clear, unpolluted country air, all in conditions of great comfort and privacy.
- The lodge sleeps a maximum of 8 x adults. Four adults in two en-suite rooms.
- Units are separated by a lounge, dining & kitchen area.
- Cottages are fully equipped.
- Guests need only bring their own food and refreshments.
- Cottages are not normally serviced during a stay.
- Walking trails: Several well-marked trails will lead guests through diverse vegetation and terrain.
- Mountain biking trails: A sampler route is marked but there are numerous tracks to choose from.
- Self-drive game viewing: Not permitted.
- Guided game drives: A complimentary game drive is offered if driver (owner) and vehicle are available.
INCLUDED IN THE PACKAGE:
- 4 Days / 3 Nights self-catering accommodation only, Mokabi Lodge.
- Check-in is at 14h00 on the day of arrival and check-out is by 10h00 on the day of departure.
- Guests may stay as long as they wish on Sundays.
- A deposit of 50% of the total charge must be paid within 48 hours of the reservation being made.
- The balance is payable 7 days prior to arrival.
- Children under 12 pay 50% of the above-mentioned rates.
- Children under 2 with all their own bedding and bathing linen are free.
- Pets are not permitted, because the lodge is not fenced in.
DAY 1: Arrive Mokabi Lodge, Waterberg, Moletadikgwa Wildlife Sanctuary
DAY 2 & 3: Mokabi Lodge & Surrounds
DAY 4: Depart Mokabi Lodge, Waterberg, Moletadikgwa Wildlife Sanctuary
Reviews Scores and Score Breakdown
Aliquam lorem ante, dapibus in, viverra quis, feugiat a, tellus. Phasellus viverra nulla ut metus varius laoreet. Quisque rutrum. Aenean imperdiet. Etiam ultricies nisi vel augue. Curabitur ullamcorper ultricies