Vic Falls By Rail
VIC FALLS BY RAIL
Victoria Falls / Mosi-Oa Tunya National Park
8 Days / 7 Nights
1 January – 31 December 2022
Recapture the romance of a bygone era as you step aboard the reconditioned wood- panelled coaches and enjoy fine cuisine in five-star luxury.
The Rovos Rail Train portrays the epitome of luxury, with handsome wood panelling and period Edwardian features, the air-conditioned suites accommodate two people offering the option of twin or spacious double beds. In the en-suite bathrooms, original fittings combine with the modern technology of hot showers, hairdryers and shaver plugs. The Rovos Rail Train has three lounge areas and a dining area. The lounges consist of a non-smoking lounge car and a non-smoking 42-seat dining car. Then there is the smoking lounge, with the Observation Car at the tail. Deep sofas and wingback chairs make for an extremely comfortable ride in the lounges.
Rovos Rail takes pride in the fact that all meals are served in one sitting only in the Victorian era atmosphere of the dining cars; lunch and dinner are complemented by a selection of fine South African wines. All meals are produced by an enthusiastic team of chefs who are responsible for ensuring that the needs of the guests are met and catered for. The accent with all meals is on fresh local ingredients; with traditional dishes such as game being a specialty on the train.
INCLUDED IN THE PACKAGE:
- One night accommodation at a 5 star hotel in Sandton Johannesburg.
- Pick up and transfers from Airport / Hotel to Rovos Rail.
- Half day tour of Johannesburg to either the Apartheid museum or Soweto.
- 3 Nights’ locomotive ride to Victoria Falls, including all meals, drinks and excursions.
- 2 Nights’ accommodation at exclusive hotel-Breakfast included.
- River cruise above the falls.
- Transfer by vehicle from Vic Falls to Chobe National Park, Kasane in Botswana.
- 2 Nights’ at exclusive safari lodge, including all meals and game drives.
- 2 River cruises and 2 safari vehicle excursions into Chobe National Park.
- Flight from Kasane to Johannesburg OR Tambo International Airport.
Day 1: Johannesburg
Day 2-4: Rovos Rail - Victoria Falls
Day 5-8: Victoria Falls - Chobe